Vaporisers can come in handy when trying to comfort children who are suffering from coughs, colds and difficulty breathing. Vaporisers create warm, moist air by turning water into steam. This kills bacteria and germs and creates air that is gentle on a baby's delicate nasal passages.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Vicks VaporizerSaltWaterProtective covering, such as towel or placematVicks VapoSteam liquid medication (optional)
After the removing steam unit from vaporiser, fill the base unit with water. Pour water to the water level line, as indicated on the base. Consult directions included with product for any questions.
Add table salt. Refer to directions for exact measurement of salt you will need to add. It helps to know if your tap water is hard or soft, as this may affect the amount of salt required.
Add any liquid vaporiser medication, if desired. Refer to instructions for the number of tablespoons needed.
Replace steam unit on top of vaporiser base. The unit may need to be held down to stay in place. Place entire unit on a towel or other protective surface and plug into the electrical socket.
When water level diminishes to a certain point, the vaporiser will no longer produce steam. You will need to add more water to bring water back to water level line.
Tips and warnings
- Clean your vaporiser by rinsing it out thoroughly with water.
- Vaporisers will become extremely hot and should not be placed where children can reach them. Be sure to let vaporiser cool completely before emptying to avoid getting scalded by the hot water.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for