Apple revolutionised the cell phone application market with the release of the iPhone by allowing free-market development and distribution of phone-supported applications through its notorious App Store. Users wishing to download paid and free applications from the App Store first must select means of payment in their iTunes user profiles. However, iTunes users who do not wish to use credit cards to purchase Apps can easily select from other payment options when downloading applications.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- iTunes program
- iTunes user account
- PayPal account
Launch the iTunes program and sign in to your account using your iTunes username and password.
Select the "View My Account" option from the "Store" menu.
Click the button labelled "Edit Payment Information."
Select an alternate payment method you would like to use. Click the radio button by the "PayPal" option to use PayPal to purchase applications, or select "None" to input no payment information. Click the "Done" button to save your settings.
Download your app. Click on the application you would like to download. Click the "Get App" button to initiate the download.
Tips and warnings
- You can also purchase iPhone Apps by clicking the App Store's "Redeem" link and entering a gift card or certificate code in the ensuing screen.
- If you select the "PayPal" option in Step 4, you will be prompted to log in to your PayPal account and accept PayPal's billing agreement.
- The "None" payment option can only be used to download free applications from the App Store.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for