PVC window frames have come a long way from the flimsy standard product first introduced to the market. Now available in a number of styles and even some colour choices, these window frames are low maintenance. Once installed, there is no sanding, painting or staining needed. While British Plastics Federation asserts that "PVC needs only an occasional wash and wipe," PVC manufacturer Fujian Century PVC Building Materials warns consumers "This claim has since been proven unrealistic: PVC windows need to be cleaned every six months or they become irreversibly discoloured by dirt." Fortunately, PVC windows can be easily cleaned.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Mild soap
- Soft cloths
Determine if the window frames are just dirty or if mould or stains are on the frames.
For dirt, mix 1/4 cup mild liquid dish soap in a bucket of warm water. For mouldy or stained windows, mix 1 cup of bleach in a bucket of warm water.
Wash the window frame using a soft cloth and the mixture, being sure to remove all of the dirt.
Rinse well using clean water.
Dry the frame using a soft cloth.
Tips and warnings
- Use a ladder to reach the upper story windows when cleaning.
- If the window frames are not cleaned every six months, the frames may become permanently stained.
- Never mix bleach with any other cleaning agent.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for