You can play the traditional board game Scrabble on Facebook---a social networking website. Scrabble is a word game in which you form words from seven randomly selected letters. You earn points based on letters used and the spaces covered on the board. Playing Scrabble on Facebook offers another way to interact with friends and other Facebook users. So take the challenge and see how many points you can earn with this online game.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Click on "Applications" in the lower left corner of your Facebook home page. Select "Scrabble."
Click on "Create Game." A "Start New Game" box will appear.
Select "Private" or "Public" game. A private game is between you and one or more Facebook friends. A public game is between you and other Facebook users, whom you may not know. If you choose private, type in a title and the names of up to three friends. If you choose public, enter the number of opponents (up to four), game speed (slow, medium or fast), opponent skill level, game type and preferred dictionary.
A new Scrabble game box will open. Letters automatically show up below the Scrabble board. The person who starts the game takes the first turn.
Drag and drop letters to form a word over the centre star on the Scrabble board. Words must be at least two letters and cannot go diagonally. When your word is formed, click the green "Play" arrow. Points are automatically added next to your name on the left. New letters will appear in your letter tray.
Wait for your opponent or opponents to play. When your turn is next, a red flag notification appears at the bottom right side of the Facebook toolbar. Click on the link to open your Scrabble game and take your turn.
Players continue taking turns until all the letters are used. The player with the most points wins.
Tips and warnings
- Review game rules by clicking on the question mark in the top right corner of the Scrabble game box.
- Use the chat box to the left of the Scrabble board to contact your opponent during a game.
- Click on the "Dictionary" tab of the chat box to verify a word.
- Click on the "Moves" tab of the chat box to see previous moves of all players.
- If you are unable to load Scrabble or respond to a friend's request to play, check your Privacy settings. Click on "Settings" on the top toolbar and then "Privacy Settings." Click on "Applications." On the Applications Setting page, check if you have any blocked applications, which may prevent you from playing Scrabble on Facebook.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for