The benefits of taking cayenne pepper are innumerable. It has been known to alleviate headaches, lower cholesterol and alleviate cardiovascular symptoms. While many people choose to take cayenne by way of capsules, it is preferable to ingest it in powder form or tinctures. It is exceedingly hot when ingested, but your body will acclimate to the cayenne within a few days.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Cayenne powder
- Juice or water
- Splash of lemon (if preferred)
Pour 1/16th of a teaspoon of cayenne pepper into some water or juice (about 8 full ounces). When ingesting cayenne, keep in mind that the first few times you try to drink it, the cayenne will be a bit spicy. Give it a splash of lemon juice to ward off the initial shock of hotness.
Add 1/4 to 1/2 of a teaspoon to your drink once a day after you have become adjusted to the "heat" of the cayenne. But remember, it is best to gradually become acclimated to ingesting cayenne.
Sprinkle small doses of cayenne onto your food, or even put 1/4 teaspoon in milk or beer. Many individuals prefer the milk or beer method, as they believe that the spice is not as predominant in heat.
Mixing the Cayenne
Tips and warnings
- When selecting your powder, do not buy chilli powder. It is not the same thing. True cayenne powder is deep, and almost an orange-like red. Chilli powder is a deep, umber-reddish colour.
- When you purchase cayenne powder, buy it at a good, quality whole food store. You can also buy your own peppers and roast them in an oven at 65.6 degrees Cor about three hours. You can then grind them in a food processor and create your own powder.
- Not everyone is designed to take cayenne. Some people can suffer reactions, such as indigestion, acid reflux, or burning sensations of the stomach. If this occurs, do not ingest the cayenne anymore.
- If you have stomach ulcers, do not ingest cayenne.
- If you are pregnant or nursing, you should avoid taking cayenne. It is expressed into breast milk (which can irritate your newborn).
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for