Most people envision tea as a hot cup on a cool evening or a refreshing iced beverage on a summer day. Green tea is now showing up in some other unexpected places. A green tea frappuccino resembles a milkshake or a smoothie. Here's how you can make your own at home.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- ½ tsp. green tea powder
- 1/8 cup hot water
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup ice
Dissolve the green tea powder in the water to make the tea beverage and then pour it into your blender.
Add the milk and the sugar.
Blend the liquid ingredients with a few pulses.
Add the ice. Blend until the ice is chopped, giving the liquid a smoothie or milkshake consistency.
Pour into a serving glass and enjoy.
Tips and warnings
- Use alternative sweeteners such as mascavo sugar, honey or maple syrup instead of refined white sugar for a healthier drink.
- You can add more flavour by including a shot of vanilla syrup before blending.
- Avoid blending the drink too long. Stop just after the ice is incorporated. After too much blending, the drink becomes frothy and lacks texture.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for