Bacterial vaginosis, also known as BV, is an extremely common form of vaginal infection, especially among women of child-bearing age. While it is thought that having multiple sex partners and douching may contribute to the frequency of BV infections, there is really no known cause of this condition. BV is characterised by itching, sometimes painful urination, vaginal discharges, and a fishy or musky odour. The good news is that BV is relatively easy to cure with plain, unpasteurised yoghurt.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Plain unpasteurised yoghurt with live lactobacillus acidophilus
- Undergarment pads
Buy plain, unpasteurised yoghurt that contains live lactobacillus acidophilus bacteria. You may need to purchase your yoghurt at a health food store, although some supermarkets do carry the plain variety with the live lactobacillus acidophilus bacteria -- be sure to check the label. This is the good bacteria that your body needs.
Eat eight ounces of this plain yoghurt a day for seven days. This will help restore the proper balance of good and bad bacteria in your system and will aid in curing your BV infection.
Using a small plastic spoon, insert a small amount of the yoghurt directly into your vagina at bedtime.
Wear an undergarment pad to prevent the yoghurt from soiling your sleeping garments or your bed. There are many varieties of undergarment pad--find one that is comfortable for you and which provides the protection you need.
Continue the intra-vaginal treatment with the plain yoghurt for seven nights. At the end of that time, your infection should be cured.
Purchase gelatin capsules or tablets of active lactobacillus acidophilus and insert one into your vagina at bedtime if the yoghurt seems too messy. Lactobacillus acidophilus capsules or tablets can be purchased at your local health food store.
Tips and warnings
- Common flavoured yoghurts will not cure the problem and should not be used in place of plain, unpasteurised yoghurt with active lactobacillus acidophilus bacteria.
- Continue treatments for seven nights, even if it appears that your problem has been cured sooner.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for