While mice may be cute to look at from a distance, they are not good housemates. In fact, mice can carry a host of diseases and cause a great deal of damage inside your home. If you want your home to be rid of mice, but you want to be humane about the process, try using peppermint oil as a deterrent. It is simple to use and keeps mice at bay.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 100 per cent pure peppermint oil (available at health food stores or on eBay)
- Large cotton balls
Using 100 per cent pure peppermint oil, saturate a cotton ball with it.
Strategically place the soaked cotton ball in area that the mice frequent.
Continue this process until you have placed a cotton ball in all areas that are prone to mice. Place additional soaked cotton balls near pipe and drain entrances as well as cracks near doors and windows. Place one under stove and refrigerator if possible.
Replace cotton balls every three weeks, or sooner if you notice they have lost their scent.
Tips and warnings
- Be sure to use 100 per cent pure peppermint oil. It is available at health food stores or online.
- Do not try to use peppermint extract or oils that have been cut with other oils, as they will not be effective.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for