From a direct result of people's busy lives, laser hair removal centres have thrived for those looking to shave and wax less frequently. Most people choose to have permanent hair removal for professional reasons, while others for simple vanity.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Challenging
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Business plan
- Appropriate health licensing
- Capital for securing a loan
- Qualified staff
Ask another proprietor if you can shadow her for a week or so. This way, you can evaluate if this business is a good fit for you.
Obtain training in laser hair removal. There are many schools of cosmetology that offer certification in laser hair removal. If you do not want to have your own certificate, hire lab techs who do have their certification.
Start a business plan if you want to borrow the money to open your laser hair removal business. The Small Business Administration is a great resource if you need help writing a business plan.
Plan on buying a franchise if you do not have the desire to start a concept or business plan on your own. Most franchise laser hair removal companies have a business plan all ready for you. They have effective training programs and will help you through the entire opening process.
Select a location that can support your business. Make sure the demographics fit your business model. Laser hair removal centres are very popular in larger cities and coastal towns. Since these people may spend more time in the sun and beach, they are more likely to want their hair removed by a laser.
Hire a staff that fits your concept. Make sure they get customer service training and have the appropriate health certificates required to work in a laser hair removal centre. If you purchase a franchise, they should have the appropriate training programs for you.
Plan a grand opening celebration. Arrange for advertising in your local flyers and papers. You may want to investigate the cost of cable television advertising.There are many coupon services that will stuff coupons in the Sunday paper.
Alert the media and local press about your new centre. Invite prominent local celebrities to get free services. Many news personnel or realty agents have large networking circles and could give you a good reference.
Tips and warnings
- Franchise operations have a greater chance of success versus privately run laser hair removal centres. Your bank may be more willing to loan you money if you are going with a franchise versus a private centre.
- Purchase business interruption insurance. In case you get sick or suffer any other crisis that affects the operation of your laser hair centre, this business insurance will help you pay for your lease and other expenses while you settle the crisis.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for