Are you looking to make a gift for a loved one or a centrepiece for a special event? Do you have a sweet tooth for chocolate? A chocolate bouquet might be the thing for you. It is affordable and easy to make.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Pot or container to hold the bouquet
- Chocolate kisses or other bite size chocolate candies
- Bamboo skewers
- 20cm x 20cm pieces of coloured tissue paper
- Floral foam
- Colored shredded tissue paper or floral moss
Choose your chocolate. Chocolate kisses work especially well in chocolate bouquets. However, choose a chocolate that you can insert a bamboo skewer into. Make sure the chocolate is room temperature before inserting the skewer. Do not let the skewer go all the way through the chocolate. Continue this with as many chocolate pieces as desired.
Use floral foam. Fit and place floral foam into the bottom of your pot or container. You can find floral foam at your local craft store in the floral section.
Add tissue paper to the flowers. Pick out different coloured pieces of 20cm by 20cm tissue paper. Pick out tissue paper suitable to the occasion, such as red and green for Christmas, red and pink for Valentine’s Day, or gold or silver for anniversaries. Pierce the centre of the tissue paper with the skewer on the end that doesn’t have the piece of chocolate on it. Slide the tissue paper up to the top of the skewer (where the chocolate is) and twist it around the chocolate, like making a petal around the chocolate. Once in the correct position, wrap tape around the bottom of the tissue paper.
Add flowers to the pot. Cut flowers to different heights and place throughout the pot. Don’t be afraid to cut the skewers, as you will probably have many skewers left over. Use scissors to cut the skewers.
Use tissue paper on top of the foam. Choose coloured tissue paper for the base of the chocolate flowers. You can use either coloured tissue paper or floral moss. Fit the pieces of tissue paper between the skewers and cover the floral foam.
Add the finishing touch. Decorate the pot with a ribbon or add a different decoration to the pot or container, such as candy pieces or jelly beans on top of the tissue paper.
Tips and warnings
- If creating the bouquet for Valentine’s Day, add candy conversation hearts on top of the tissue paper in the base of your chocolate bouquet. If creating one for Easter, you can use jelly beans.
- Slide the chocolate onto the bamboo skewer once they are at room temperature. The chocolate will slide more easily onto the skewer and won’t break apart if at room temperature.