Rice pudding is one of the most commonly served puddings in America. You don't have to stand over the stove and stir constantly to enjoy rice pudding. With the invention of the slow cooker, you can now set your rice pudding and forget it. A little while later it's all done. Here is a great recipe for home made rice pudding cooked in crock pot:
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1 cup of uncooked long grain white rice
- 2 quarts of milk with 1 cup kept separate
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 3 beaten eggs
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- Whipped Cream
- 2 Mixing bowls
- Crock Pot
In a mixing bowl combine rice, sugar, and most of the milk.
Add mixing bowl ingredients to the slow cooker and place on the lid.
Turn the heat to high and cook for 3 hours.
Combine eggs, milk that was set aside, vanilla extract, and salt in a second mixing bowl.
Pour second mixture in to the crock pot and cook an additional half an hour.
Pour hot rice pudding in to individual serving dishes and allow rice pudding to cool.
Top rice pudding with cinnamon, nutmeg, and whipped cream.
Slow Cooking Rice Pudding
Tips and warnings
- Some people like to use a little brown sugar in place of the regular sugar for added flavour.
- Raisins are also a fun thing to add to any rice pudding.
- Don't cook this dish any longer than 3 1/2 hours or it will begin to reduce.