Cooking chicken on the stove is a fairly easy way to cook a nice dinner for family, guests, or for a quiet night alone. You can use lean, skinless breasts for an entrée that is low in fat and high in protein.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Medium sized frying pan
- Chicken breast
- Cooking oil
- Salt and pepper
Wash the chicken breasts. It is up to you how many breasts you wish to cook.
Place your pan on the stove with enough cooking oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Set the temperature to medium-high. Let the oil heat up. For healthy cooking, use extra virgin olive oil. It tastes better as well.
Place the chicken in the pan, using the tongs, once the oil is hot after a minute or two. The oil may splatter a bit, but no worries. Salt and pepper the chicken to taste. You will want to flip the breasts when the side being cooked turns golden brown; generally this will take four to six minutes, depending on what type of stove you are using.
Turn the chicken using your tongs and salt and pepper to taste. Cook on this side for another four to six minutes or until golden brown. You may want to cut the chicken just a bit to make sure it is cooked thoroughly. When finished, use your tongs to remove it from the pan and serve.
Tips and warnings
- To add some flavour to your chicken, feel free to throw in some lemon juice, basil, tomatoes, mushrooms, white wine, or whatever you want to make your chicken taste delicious!
- Be sure chicken is cooked thoroughly, consuming raw meat may be dangerous for your health. Always be careful when cooking with hot oil.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for