There are a lot of variations when it comes to making fruit salad Filipino-style, but one recipe stands out: the "buko" fruit salad. Buko is a Filipino word for young or green coconut, and it is one of the main ingredients of Filipino sweets and deserts. The recipe uses shredded coconut meat, and chewy translucent coconut cubes known as nata de coco, along with other ingredients. The result is a very tasty treat that is easy to prepare.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1 large can regular fruit cocktail
- 1 large can tropical fruit cocktail
- 1 package shredded "buko" (young coconut strips)
- 2 bottles of nata de coco (clear coconut cubes)
- 1 can condensed milk
- 2 cans Nestle cream
- Cheddar cheese cut into cubes (optional)
Drain the syrup form your fruit cocktails, shredded coconuts and bottles of nata de coco. You can dry them by mixing them all together in a strainer and leaving them there for a few minutes to drain any excess syrup.
Place the drained fruit cocktails, shredded coconut and nata de coco in a large mixing bowl and add the condensed milk. Mix well.
Add the Nestle cream, and then the cubed cheddar cheese, if you choose this ingredient. Mix them all together until everything is evenly blended.
Place inside the fridge and chill for 30 minutes to an hour. Then serve and enjoy!
Tips and warnings
- The remaining buko fruit salad should always be chilled to prevent it from spoiling.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for