You know what happens when you go through the long winter months eating too many tasty holiday foods. You try on your favorite jeans or pants and notice you're unable to button them comfortably. If this happens to you, instead of throwing out the pants, you can stretch the waistline.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Take out the pair of pants you want to stretch. Close the zipper and secure the button.
Pull on the inside of the waistband. You want to pull gently in order to avoid popping the button off the pants. Try moistening the waistband of the pants and then pulling in order the stretch it out. Wait for them to dry before putting the pants back on.
Purchase the Waistband Stretcher from Heartland America. To fix the waistline, you put the device inside of your pants and stretch it out to the desired length. It works on almost all sizes and does not take a long time to work.
Try the pants on that you're stretching. Button them fully to see if they stretched out enough to wear comfortably. You may need to repeat the process until you have enough room in your waistline.
Tips and warnings
- Buy pants that have stretchable waistbands built in. Look for pants from companies like Lee and Harbor Baby.
- Don't attempt to stretch out the waistline of dressy pants in this manner. You'll probably end up popping the button and need to sew it back on. These methods work best with jeans.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for