Scrambled eggs is a quick, cheap and popular meal that makes a great breakfast, tea or supper. The key to successful scrambled eggs is taking them off the heat at just the right time so they're not underdone and watery or overdone and rubbery. A sprinkle of salt and pepper can also enhance your scrambled eggs.
Gather everything you'll need to make the scrambled eggs, such as a frying pan or non-stick saucepan, eggs, mug, fork, butter, water and a towel.
Break the eggs into a large cup or mug. Using a cup helps prevent spills or leakage. Throw the egg shells in the bin. Make sure there is no blood or eggshell left in the eggs.
Beat the eggs with a fork or a whisk thoroughly. Make sure the yolks are well beaten to ensure the finished dish has an even consistency. Add around 5 ml (1 tsp) of water per egg to help the eggs fluff up when they are in the pan.
Heat the frying pan on a high flame and add the butter so that it melts. Many people don't like to use butter on non-stick pans, but it gives the scrambled eggs extra flavour.
Pour the beaten eggs into the hot frying pan or saucepan.
Move the egg mixture around constantly. The flame is high, so you want to continuously move the eggs to keep them scrambled. Do this until the eggs fluff up nicely, which takes about five minutes.
Serve the scrambled eggs on toast or as part of a traditional fry-up.
- Use two to four eggs per serving. Add cheese, ketchup, salt, pepper, or any other seasonings to the scrambled eggs.
- Always wash your hands after handling raw eggs. Always keep the frying pan handle turned inwards to prevent children from grabbing it. Never walk away from the frying scrambled eggs in the pan. They will burn quickly.
Tips and Warnings
- Use two to four eggs per serving.
- Add cheese, ketchup, salt, pepper, or any other seasonings to the scrambled eggs.
- Always wash your hands after handling raw eggs.
- Always keep the frying pan handle turned inwards to prevent children from grabbing it.
- Never walk away from the frying scrambled eggs in the pan. They will burn quickly.