Before you take tap dance classes, you need to purchase a pair of tap shoes. You can find tap shoes that are manufactured for men, women or children. Since the shoes are an important aspect of tap dance, you should make sure that you invest in a good pair. Read on to learn how to buy tap shoes.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Choose a name brand for your tap shoes. Capezio, Bloch and Balera are all well-known makers of tap shoes. Unknown brands may be more economically priced, but they are typically low quality.
Look for shoes with a sturdy heel. Since you use the heel the most in tap dance, you want a shoe with a heel that can take the constant weight.
Check the cushioning inside the shoe. Since you will be dancing in the shoes, you need a shoe that is comfortable to wear. Interior lining ensures that your feet are not sore after dance class.
Try on the shoes to make sure that they fit well. A good fit ensures that you can complete your dance moves without contending with an awkwardly fitting shoe.
Find out if the taps are included with the shoes. Some brands include the taps with the shoe purchase. Other brands require that you purchase the taps separately.
Tips and warnings
- Tap shoes have a tendency to run small. You may need to order a shoe that is a half to one size larger than your standard shoe size.
- If you are buying tap shoes for a man, look for a lightweight exterior shoe with a lacing system that won't get in the way during dances.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for