Nudist beaches are becoming increasingly popular throughout Europe and are more commonplace than many people think. In Belgium the choices for naturists are more limited -- there is only one officially recognised nude beach in Belgium owing to the country's geographical position and limited stretch of coastline.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Form of Transport
Visit Bredene, which is the only officially recognised naturalist beach in Belgium.
Take the coast tram to Renbaan on the longest tram line in the world and follow the signs until you reach the beach.
Arrive in the summer months when the weather is most pleasant, the sea is warm and the beach is at it's most popular with over 200 metres of rolling sand to explore. Be aware that the beach can get rather crowded on hot, sunny days.
Be careful not to accidentally stroll onto the beach adjacent to Bredene, which is not an official nudist beach.
Tips and warnings
- Although Bredene is the only official nudist beach in Belgium, there are probably several more where naturism is acceptable.
- If you aren't fond of crowds, be sure to visit in the autumn months. The beach will be less crowded and due to heating over the summer, the sea will be at its warmest.
- Always use a website such as "Tripadvisor" (see Resources) to find additional activities and attractions in the local area.
- Always wear suncream or sunscreen when exposing yourself to the sun to protect from sunburn and skin cancer.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for