Weebly is an online website builder program which allows the user to create a modern website. Users can upload photos, videos, add text and widgets easily using drag and drop so that even novice users can create a professional looking website in minutes. Weebly is an HTML based creator, however users may want to increase the multimedia options on their site by adding Shockwave Flash (SWF) files.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Weebly account
Establish if the flash file is compatible with Weebly by dragging the file into an open browser. If it begins playing, it will generally work with Weebly.
Login to your Weebly account. Click on the website to which you will be adding the file.
Open the website page you would like to add the flash file to. Click the "Multimedia" tab.
In the "Elements" tab, click and hold your mouse over the "SWF Flash" icon.
Drag the "SWF Flash" icon to the page where it says "Drag elements here."
Click "Click here to upload a SWF file." This will bring up the SWF toolbar.
Click "Upload new file." Browse your computer to find the file and upload. On the tab you can also choose the width, height and alignment of the SWF file.
Click "Save" in "Pages" before exiting Weebly.
Tips and warnings
- Weebly free accounts enable you to upload unlimited individual files of no more than 10MB each. If your SWF file is larger than this, you will need to upgrade to a pro account.
- Back up any files before uploading to Weebly.
- Save a copy of your SWF files for future use.
- Weebly is an HTML focused provider and not meant for the creation of flash sites.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for