Facebook gives you full control over the photos that you've uploaded to the social network. If you're unhappy with a particular photo, you can remove it from the photo albums section of your Facebook profile and upload a new photo to the album to replace the original. After uploading the replacement photo, you can add a comment, location and tag your friends in the picture.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Sign in to your Facebook account. Facebook opens your homepage by default.
Click the "Photos" tab in the Favourites section of the menu on the left. If you can't see the Photos tab, click "More" at the bottom of the left menu to display all menu items.
Select the "Albums" pane in the top right of the Photos page to view all your Facebook photo albums. The albums contain all photos that you've previously uploaded to Facebook.
Click to open the album that contains the photo you want to replace. Click the photo to open the image in the photo editor pane.
Click "Options" under the image, and then select "Delete this photo" from the pull-down menu. Click the "Confirm" button in the Delete Photo pop-up window. Facebook returns you to the album page.
Click the "Add Photos" button in the top right of the album page.
Select the photo you want to upload in the file browser window, and then click the "Open" button.
Wait for the photo to finish uploading. You can now add a comment or location to the uploaded photo and also tag friends in the image. Click the blue "Post" button to complete the procedure.
Tips and warnings
- You can't delete photos that other people have uploaded to Facebook. You can remove a photo from your timeline by clicking "Remove" next to "On your timeline" in the top right of the photo's comment box. Alternatively, ask the friend who uploaded the photo to replace it with another picture.
- Deleting the original photo removes all comments, likes and tags associated with the image. When you upload the replacement photo, it will appear on your timeline page as well as in the photo album.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for