East Croydon is the best station to begin your journey when travelling from Croydon, in Surrey, to Oxford Street in Central London. Fast trains, that only stop at Clapham Junction station, go to Victoria, one of London's busiest main central railway stations. From Victoria it is a short journey to Oxford Circus, the nearest tube station to Oxford Street.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Croydon to Victoria rail timetable
- Recent tube map
Take the mainline train service from East Croydon to London Victoria. The journey takes between 16 and 18 minutes.
Alight at Victoria mainline train station and follow the signs to the Underground.
Take the Victorial line (blue line on London tube map) two stops to Oxford Circus. This is the fastest tube route.
Follow the exit signs at Oxford Circus. You will find youself on Oxford Street, whatever exit you take from the tube station.
Tips and warnings
- If you are meeting friends at Oxford Circus tube agree on a meeting point as there are several exits.
- If you want to visit Bond Street or Marble Arch parts of Oxford Street, the simplest option is the tube to Oxford Circus and then walk along Oxford Street.
- Trains run from London Victoria to East Croydon throughout the night.
- Starting your journey from West Croydon or South Croydon rail stations, instead of East Croydon, to London Victoria will take longer as they are slower routes.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for