Those in pursuit of a youthful complexion willingly line the coffers of the beauty business. Cosmetic manufacturers, beauticians, retailers and surgeons all benefit, with consumers reporting mixed --- and often costly --- results. Commercial products that promise to tighten the skin, creating a fresh and firm appearance, appeal to both men and women, but you can achieve comparable results without breaking the bank by using natural ingredients found in your larder and bathroom cabinet.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Small atomizer bottle
- Small bowl
- Kitchen fork
- Medium-sized cosmetic brush
- 1 tsp witch hazel
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp clear honey (optional)
- 1 tsp lemon juice (optional)
Cleanse your face and neck using your regular method and product. Rinse with tepid water and pat dry. Do not tone or moisturise.
Pour 1 tsp witch hazel and 1 tbsp cider vinegar into an atomizer bottle and shake well. Place the bottle in the refrigerator and allow the mixture to chill for 15 minutes. The mixture should be cool but not extremely cold.
Beat an egg white in a bowl using a fork until it begins to whiten and small bubbles form. Combine the egg white with 1 tsp clear honey if you are prone to dry skin or 1 tsp lemon juice if you have an oily complexion.
Spray your face and neck with the chilled vinegar and witch hazel mixture. The mixture has an astringent effect and you will experience a fresh, tingling sensation. Allow your skin to dry naturally --- do not remove the mixture by rubbing or patting with a cloth.
Spread the egg white over your face and neck using a cosmetic brush to achieve even coverage. Relax for 15 minutes. Egg white has natural skin-tightening properties and you will feel your skin become increasingly but not uncomfortably taut.
Rinse your face and neck with clear, cool water and pat dry with a clean face cloth. Apply a light moisturising lotion.
Tips and warnings
- Add crushed strawberries to the egg white for a luxurious, vitamin-rich treatment.
- For an instantly cooling effect, particularly following exposure to sunlight, add blended cucumber to the egg white.
- Experiment by adding other natural ingredients, such as mint or oatmeal.
- This method produces a temporary tightening effect, do not expect permanent results.
- Even natural ingredients can adversely effect some individuals. Rinse your face immediately if you experience uncomfortable itching or irritation.
- Keep the cider vinegar and witch hazel mixture away from your eyes --- it will sting.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for