DISCOVER
×

Rat Poisoning Symptoms

Updated April 17, 2017

Most rat poisons use a blood thinner that causes internal bleeding. Skin contact with rat poisoning is not harmful: however, if swallowed, it is very dangerous. If you feel you have ingested rat poison, call poison control immediately at (800) 222-1222 in the United States. It is also imperative to know the symptoms of rat poisoning.

Fatigue

Fatigue is a weakness that can be both physical and mental. You may feel worn-out, tired and sleepy.

Nosebleeds

People who have ingested rat poison can experience nosebleeds ranging from the very weak to the very heavy. Any blood coming from your nose can be a sign of rat poisoning.

Blood in the Urine

Blood in the urine can be caused by rat poisoning. Your urine may be pink in colorm or show strains of blood.

Bloody Diarrhea

Rat poisoning can result in frequent loose bowel movements. These bowel movements will contain traces of blood.

Bleeding Gums

Your gums may become sore and bleed. In most cases, this bleeding will not be heavy.

Shortness of Breath

If you have ingested rat poison, you may feel as if you cannot get very much air in your lungs, no matter how deep you inhale.

Cite this Article A tool to create a citation to reference this article Cite this Article

About the Author

Kristal Smith has been writing for the web for more than six years. Smith holds a visual communications degree, with a photography specialty. She graduated from Ivy Tech College in Evansville, Ind. Her articles specialize in health, nutrition, photography, Internet and web design.