How to Deodorize a Smelly Shower Drain
A shower drain may often produce a funky or undesirable smell. What many people may not realise is that deodorising a shower drain doesn't have to be a difficult process. In fact, it can be quite cheap and extremely easy.
Just by using a few products you probably already keep in your home, you can keep your shower drains clean and free from odour.
- A shower drain may often produce a funky or undesirable smell.
- Just by using a few products you probably already keep in your home, you can keep your shower drains clean and free from odour.
Take 1/3 to 1/2 box of baking soda, and pour it down the stinky shower drain. Add one cup of white distilled vinegar, and pour that down the drain as well.
Place the drain stopper over the drain on the tub. Allow the mixture to sit for a few minutes. If you do not have a drain stopper wait until the baking soda and vinegar mixture stops bubbling. Pour at least eight cups of boiling hot water down the drain.
Repeat this process at least once a month to prevent any smelly drains, or to unclog drains in the shower or sink.
- Using baking soda and vinegar is a cheaper alternative to using chemicals.
- Doing these steps on a regular basis will help keep your drains free and clear of clogs and smells.
- You can use these steps on your shower drains, your sink drains, and your garbage disposals.
After writing for high school and college newspapers, Melissa Reece went on to graduate from the University of Wisconsin River Falls with a degree in broadcast journalism. Currently, she is a freelance writer for The Leader Telegram's "Home Front" news magazine and an entertainment writer for Suite101.com