How do I use androgel bodybuilding to get big?
AndroGel is a testosterone gel commonly prescribed to boost testosterone levels in men. Unlike other synthetic drugs often ingested or administered intravenously, AndroGel is applied directly to the skin, soaking into the muscles and bloodstream.
Using the product in gel or patch form to gain muscle mass for bodybuilding purposes is possible. However, there are a few steps involved to ensure you use the product correctly.
Choose a time of day to apply AndroGel. Research has shown that it is best to apply the product in the morning. This will allow your body to absorb the gel as the day progresses. It is, therefore, important to allow the agent to properly and slowly seep its way into your bloodstream.
- AndroGel is a testosterone gel commonly prescribed to boost testosterone levels in men.
- Research has shown that it is best to apply the product in the morning.
Wash and dry your skin thoroughly before applying AndroGel. Your pores must be clean. It is, therefore, important to apply the gel or patch shortly after you bathe and your skin is free from dead skin.
- Wash and dry your skin thoroughly before applying AndroGel.
- It is, therefore, important to apply the gel or patch shortly after you bathe and your skin is free from dead skin.
Apply the AndroGel as directed, only using the contents included in a single gel pouch or patch. Be sure to use the entire contents of the dose. Allow to dry for at least five minutes. After the gel dries, cover the treated areas with clothing. This will allow it to remain in contact with your skin.
Increase the intensity and frequency of power movements in your workout routine. Because your desire is to build muscle mass, exercises such as bench presses, leg presses, squats, and arm curls are important in that they involve the large muscles in your body. As AndroGel begins to work, typically during a one- to two-week period, it will gradually increase your energy levels and drive so you can handle more weights on power movements. This will push your muscle tissue to its limits. The testosterone agents in the AndroGel will work to quickly repair the tissue, allowing for rapid muscle growth.
- Increase the intensity and frequency of power movements in your workout routine.
- Because your desire is to build muscle mass, exercises such as bench presses, leg presses, squats, and arm curls are important in that they involve the large muscles in your body.
Reduce cardiovascular and aerobic exercises during periods of mass building and AndroGel cycles. It is important to utilise the effects of the gel to build muscle mass. Although aerobic workouts are important, frequent cardio exercises will eventually promote weight loss, creating a trim and cut look. Your goal is to use AndroGel to gain muscle mass. During mass-building, only perform aerobics once or twice a week in order keep your blood flowing and your heart strong. Use the majority of your energy to concentrate on mass building movements.
Increase your protein and starchy carbohydrate intake while taking AndroGel. These calories will work with the gel in repairing increasing the size of the cells in your muscles. Increased carbohydrate calories will allow your muscles to store high levels of sugar, increasing your energy so you can gruel through heavy, mass building workouts.
- AndroGel is a prescription medication and is not sold over the counter. It is typically only prescribed for men who have low testosterone levels. It is, therefore, important to speak to your doctor before trying to obtain it from other sources.
- Drink at least eight to 10 glasses water each day. Testosterone boosting agents sometimes cause water retention.
- Before taking synthetic testosterone products, have your testosterone levels tested.
- Do not drink excessive amounts of alcohol while taking synthetic testosterone products.
- Wash hands thoroughly after applying AndroGel or coming into contact with patches.
- Do not allow others to touch treated areas on your skin.
- Do not apply AndroGel to chapped or broken skin.
- If you develop abdominal pain, severe acne, jaundice or frequent urges to urinate, stop taking AndroGel and call your doctor.
- Do not mix gel from mixed doses with regularly schedule applications.
- Only apply AndroGel to areas instructed on the packaging or by your doctor.
Jim Hagerty is a writer and journalist who began writing professionally in 1996. He has had articles published in the "Rock River Times," "Builder's Journal" and various websites. He earned a Bachelor of Science in public relations and journalism from Northern Michigan University in Marquette.