How to Use Sandisk Cruzer Flash Drive
A SanDisk Cruzer flash drive has become a popular portable media and data storage device. Portable, handy and micro, it can easily fit in your pocket or can be carried in your purse or wallet. The storage capacity of current SanDisk Cruzer Flash Drives ranges from four to 32 gigabytes.
They can be used for storing Word documents, PDF files , spreadsheets and even huge video files, music downloads and photos. A few simple steps on how to use a SanDisk Cruzer flash drive are outlined below.
Plug your SanDisk Cruzer into a relevant USB port. Plug your SanDisk Cruzer into any USB port of your laptop or a USB hub port or an USB extension cable attached to your desktop. It will take the place of Removable Disk on the available drive of your computer. Wait for the "Auto Play" window that will pop up.
- A SanDisk Cruzer flash drive has become a popular portable media and data storage device.
- Plug your SanDisk Cruzer into any USB port of your laptop or a USB hub port or an USB extension cable attached to your desktop.
Decide on your task options. A list of menus will open in the Auto Play window. If you already have saved files on your SanDisk Cruzer, click on the "open folder to view files" link below the General Options button and continue with your desired tasks. Or alternately, click on any of the command menus displayed in the Auto Play window, such as "play media files," "play videos" or "view pictures," etc.
Use your SanDisk Cruzer as a backup storage option. Store files, documents and videos saved on your computer on your SanDisk Cruzer as a backup option or safe storage device. You can also use your SanDisk Cruzer as a portable storage device to access saved files later at another work station. Or you can transfer files loaded on your SanDisk Cruzer from the workplace or elsewhere to your computer at home.
- Decide on your task options.
- You can also use your SanDisk Cruzer as a portable storage device to access saved files later at another work station.
- If you already have saved files on your SanDisk Cruzer, you can also view or access them directly by going to My Computer window from the Start Menu and right-clicking on the relevant drive denoting Removable Disk.
- After finishing your tasks, never pull out SanDisk directly from the USB port of your computer. Always click the "Safely Remove Hardware" button from the task bar and click "Stop" on the popup window that opens. However, if another popup window asks about confirming the hardware device to be stopped, select SanDisk Cruzer as the device that you want removed from the options menu and choose "OK" to continue. Remove your SanDisk Cruzer only after a message prompts you to do so.
Based out of the metropolitan Washington D.C. area, Pallab Dutta has written on business, technology and management issues since 1994. He has freelanced for “The Wall Street Journal," “The Economic Times” and “The Times of India." Dutta holds a Bachelor of Science in economics from Bombay University and a Diploma in modern information systems from IIT Bombay.