Slendertone uses electronic muscle stimulation. This same technology has been used for 40 years in hospital and physical therapy settings to rehabilitate muscles from injury or lack of use. Slendertone has systems that focus on toning the abdominal muscles, arm muscles and the gluteus and hamstring muscles.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Challenging
Things you need
- Slendertone belt
- Gel pads
Clean skin surfaces where the gel pads will make contact. This prolongs the life of the gel pads by keeping them clean and free of debris.
Place the gel pads in the appropriate place on the toning belt according to your size. Be sure that the gel pads make contact with the small metal transmitters.
Remove the plastic backing from the gel pads and place the toning belt and gel pads onto the area skin in the area where you are toning your muscles.
Turn the Slendertone on by pressing the power button on the control panel. Some models have remote controls. Using the scroll buttons, choose the length of time you want to have muscle contractions. Use the up and down buttons to slowly increase the level of contraction to a comfortable level where the contraction is noticeable but not painful. This level can be adjusted throughout the session.
Once the session time has expired, turn the toning belt off using the power button. Remove it from your skin and replace the plastic backing to the gel pads.
Store the Slendertone unit in a dry, cool place in order to increase the life of the gel pads.
Tips and warnings
- For optimal muscle toning results, use the Slendertone five days a week, 30 minutes a day, for six weeks while increasing the level of contraction intensity. To maintain muscle tone, Slendertone should be used three days a week, 30 minutes per day.
- The gel pads should be replaced every 20 uses.
- Consult your physician prior to starting any exercise plan.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for