Dentures, once commonly referred to as false teeth, are artificial teeth worn during the waking hours. The teeth, made from moulds taken of your natural teeth and gums, and are removed when you sleep. Like real teeth, dentures must be cleaned between meals, as well as at the start and end of the day. While commercial denture cleaners are available, you can make your own cleaner at home.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- Soft toothbrush
- Denture container
- 1 tsp household liquid bleach
- 2 tsp liquid water softener
Prevent mould, mildew or other fungal growth on your dentures by soaking them in a cup filled with 1/2 cup white vinegar and 1/2 cup water. Soak for 15 minutes a few times each week, then rinse with water and a soft toothbrush.
Pour 1 tsp liquid bleach, 2 tsp liquid water softener and 177ml. water in a denture container or cup. Stir with a spoon to mix the ingredients.
Place your dentures in the homemade denture cleaner. Soak them for 10 to 20 minutes to clean the dentures of food and drink surface stains.
Rinse your dentures under water and scrub with a soft toothbrush.
Tips and warnings
- Rinse your dentures after meals and snacks.
- Remove dentures gums a rest and promote normal saliva production to help with cleansing.
- You can also soak partials in the denture cleaner.
- Avoid soaking dentures with metal parts or a soft lining material in the bleach solution as the solution can cause those parts to corrode.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for