Wood decks need to be cleaned from time to time. Power washers are sometimes used for this purpose, but they can damage the top layer of wood. A homemade cleaner is much more affordable than buying a special deck cleaner, and it will do just as good a job without harming the wood.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Oxygen bleach
- 5-gallon bucket
- TSP (trisodium phosphate)
- Plastic gloves
Pour 1 gallon of oxygen bleach in a 5-gallon bucket.
Add 4 gallons of water and 1 tbsp. TSP to the bucket. Mix thoroughly.
Put on a pair of plastic cleaning gloves and dip a soft-bristle brush in your homemade wood deck cleaner. Scrub your deck.
Wait 10 minutes for the homemade cleaner to do its job. Rinse with water from your garden hose.
Tips and warnings
- You can mop the solution onto your deck if it isn't dirty enough to need a scrub.
- Do not use chlorine bleach on your wood deck. It will alter the colour of your deck.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for