There are an unfortunate number of things that could cause your shower faucet to begin to leak. Fix a leaking shower faucet with help from a licensed plumber in this free video clip.
I'm Terry with Towers Murray Plumbing. Today, we're going to show you how to fix a leaking shower faucet. Now when repairing a leaky shower faucet, first thing you want to do is remove the handle, remove the button, then remove the handle. Now there's different styles, different brands. This one's a single control shower faucet. Remove your handle. On this particular one you'll have a small tube that needs to be removed. And then a clip. Now, some of them, instead of a clip will actually have a nut that holds the cartridge in, or stem. Remove that cartridge or stem. Some of them you may need a special tool or different tools to remove it. Once you have that removed, take this down to the store, match it up, get you a new one, you're ready to reinstall it. And again, I'm Terry with Towers Murray Plumbing. We just showed you how to fix a leaking shower faucet.
- How to Replace a Double Handle Shower Faucet With a Single Handle
- How to Repair a Pop-Up Tub Drain Stopper
- How to Repair Stem Plumbing
- How to Repair a Push Pull Faucet
- How to Repair a Leaking Single Control Shower Faucet
- How to Change Shower Faucets
- How to Fix a Leaking Shower Faucet
- How to Repair a Sink Aerator