You can do many useful exercises to strengthen your lower back, on your stomach or on your back, working with or without a kick board. Get the full details in this free video on swimming.
Hi, my name is Barbara. We are here at the Village on Main in Utah, and I'm going to be your swimming expert for today. First we are going to talk about some lower back exercises you can do in the pool. Here's the equipment you will need. A swimming pool, a bathing suit, a swimming cap, and some goggles. Lower back exercises I like to do are dolphin kicks. To dolphin kick you want to keep your legs tightly together. Point your toes and swim like you would imagine a mermaid swimming. You can also use a kick board. You can also do dolphin kicking on your back. When you kick on your back you don't want to use a kick board but keep your arms in a streamline position above your head. And those are some lower back exercises that you can do in the pool.
- Using a Pool Noodle to Practice the Freestyle Stroke Arm Pull
- Practicing the Freestyle Arm Pull with Proper Kicking and Breathing
- Butterfly Stroke Feet Position
- Butterfly Stroke Breathing Technique
- How to Lose Weight with Swimming Workouts
- Lower Back Exercises in the Pool
- Swimming Exercises for Lower Back Pain Relief
- Kicking Exercise for Swimming the Breaststroke
- Practicing the Freestyle Stroke Kick Outside of the Water