The shower head regulates the flow of water in the shower, so replacing it can increase water pressure and efficiency. Remove and replace your shower head with the help of a professional contractor in this free video.
Hello, my name is Joshua Clement with Lighty contractors, and today we'll be discussing how to remove and replace a shower head. For this job, you're going to need a couple tools. A standard pair of pliers, Teflon tape, and your new shower fixture. The first thing you're going to do is remove the old shower fixture with your standard pair of pliers. Do this by turning counterclockwise until the shower fixture comes off. Now that the shower fixture is off, we're going to go ahead and remove all the plumber's tape or Teflon tape that remains. The next step is to reapply some new plumber's or Teflon tape. Be sure to do this clockwise. That way when you screw the new one on, it won't undo the plumber's tape. Take your new shower head, or fixture, and screw it back on into place. Take your standard pair of pliers and slightly tighten it back up. Just snug. That should do it. I'm Joshua with Lighty contractors, and that's how you remove and replace a shower head.
- How to Remove & Replace a Shower Head
- How to Fix Sliding Shower Doors
- How to Fix a Toilet Paper Holder
- How to Install a Bathroom Sink Drain Trap
- How to Repair a Low-Flush Toilet
- How to Repair a Gooseneck Kitchen Faucet
- How do I Remove Bath Tub Drain Stopper?
- How to Repair or Replace a Garbage Disposal