To tape a foot for heel pain, use a roll of athletic tape to get good compression and support along the heel. Relieve heel pain with help from a physical therapist in this free video on physical therapy treatments.
Hi, my name is Tricia Trinque from Seabreeze Physical Therapy, and today we're talking about how to tape a foot for heel pain. The materials I'll be utilizing today is a roll of one to one and a half inch athletic tape. What we're going to start by doing is anchoring the tape to her heel, bringing it around to the opposite side, anchoring, okay, and tearing off the edge there, bringing that in for some nice support. And, we'll repeat this until we get some nice compression and support along the heel. Okay, we'll repeat that, then we'll come with some support from the inner aspect of her foot, to the outer side of the foot to give lower support to the rear of the foot. Again, coming from the inside of the foot to the outside of the foot, and we are going to leave the actual heel exposed. And, we just want to secure our edges in. We've just given some nice support to that painful heel. Again, my name is Tricia Trinque, and I'm with Seabreeze Physical Therapy, and should you experience any additional heel pain or discomfort, please contact your physical therapist, physician, or a podiatrist for additional evaluation.
- How to Tape a Foot for Heel Pain
- How to Heal a Bulging Disk
- How to Heal a Herniated Disc With Exercise
- How to Treat Metatarsalgia
- How to Relieve Hip Arthritis Pain
- Physiotherapy Treatment of Osteoarthritis
- Exercises for Pulled Muscles in Back
- How to Treat a Torn Tendon in a Shoulder
- How to Treat Wrist Pain
- How to Stretch for Sciatica Nerve Pain
- How to Treat Ankle Bone Spurs