Backup the hard drive of a computer to have an extra copy of files. Save computer data with the tips in this free video on computer peripherals from a professional computer hardware trainer.
You know backing up your data is absolutely critical with a computer. Once you lose it you can never get it back. My name is James, Computer Hardware Training Coordinator for InterConnection. And I'm going to show you how to back up your computers data onto an external hard drive. Now when you want to copy your files, you want to find out all the files you really want. You might want to start with your My Documents, your business files, your bookmarks, anything you want. How to do this is you go to Start. You click My Computer. You use this to browse to where you want to go. In our case we want to go to our documents. And we want our shopping list. We need to know what we want to buy at the store. So we're going to right click it. Go Copy. Because we just want to copy it to our external device. And go back to My Computer again. So now we have two windows open, and there is our external storage device right there. You open it. You right click anywhere. Hit Paste. We've just copied one file from our hard drive to our external storage device. Its that simple. Now you just rinse and repeat for all the files you need. You can remove the external device. And you've just transferred your data. My name is James. And I just showed you how to back up data from your computer to an external hard drive.
- How to Use a Monitor With a Laptop
- How to Use an External Keyboard With a Laptop
- How to Use an External Mouse With a Laptop
- How to Backup a Computer Onto an External Hard Drive
- How to Transfer Files From Internal Hard Drive to an External Hard Drive
- How to Transfer Files to Another Computer Using a Flash Drive
- How to Use a Flash Drive to Store Data
- How to Copy Data From One Hard Drive to Another