Mortar or grout in ceramic tile floors should be scrubbed with steel wool and a mix of water and vinegar. Repeat the scrubbing process until excess grout has been removed with help from a professional house cleaner in this free video on grout and housecleaning tips.
Hi, I'm Rachel Yatuzis and I'm going to show you how to remove mortar and grout from your ceramic tile floors. If you decide to put your own tiles in your house, congratulations, you save yourself a lot of money. The problem is, you maybe sitting at your kitchen table or sitting in the bathtub and notice there's little spots where there's water or grout left on your tile. It's really not a big deal. If it's just a little bit, a little slight film; some really fine steel wool will do the job. You just want to scrub, scrub scrub scrub with your steel wool. Also if you can find Scotch Brite sponges; this one is not Scotch Brite, but the Scotch Brite ones look just like this; they have a really dark green side to them. That dark green side is really abrasive and it's excellent and that's what you would dip in some water, possibly even some water mix with vinegar as usual. It's a good cleaner and use that to scrub. You would have to repeat this of course until the mortar or grout is gone. If that doesn't work, you may have to contact somebody and find something, some industrial type cleaner that probably; you may have to have a license to buy, I don't know. But you may have to contact somebody to help you figure out how to get the grout out. And if it's just a thin layer, some steel wool or Scotch Brite sponge and water, sponge and water will do it. I'm Rachel Yatuzis and that is how you remove mortar or grout from ceramic tile.
- How to Clean a Ceramic Tile Shower
- How to Clean an Oriental Rug
- How to Clean Mortar or Grout From Ceramic Tile Floors
- How Do I Get ChapStick Out of Clothing?
- How to Make Liquid Starch
- How to Clean Stainless Steel Jewelry
- How to Clean & Shine Hardwood Floors
- How to Clean Soap Scum
- How to Clean Wood Furniture
- How to Machine Wash Pillows
- How to Identify Black Mold
- How to Clean Nicotine Stains
- How to Get Mildew Out of Clothes
- How Do You Remove Creases From Leather?