Hi. I'm Rachel Yatuzis and I'm going to show you how to get mildew out of clothes. The problem with mildew usually is the smell. So, what you want to do is let your clothes soak in vinegar and water. Vinegar is the cure all for odors, any kind of odors. Gas odors, mildew odors, you know, if your kids play football, they come home smelling. Wash their clothes with vinegar. If the smell is really bad, let the clothes soak in the vinegar before you put them in the washing machine. Or, soak in vinegar and water or just vinegar. It doesn't matter. Just make sure there's vinegar in the mix. You can even turn the washing machine on, put your clothes in while it's filling up and add about a cup of vinegar to the load, and before it starts agitating and moving around, turn your washing machine off. Then leave it -- overnight, for a couple of hours. Let your clothes sit in the vinegar and water and when you wake up in the morning, add your laundry detergent and wash them as usual. If there's a stain, you may want to pre-treat it with a stain remover, but the smell is usually what you're going to worry about with mildew. It's not too hard to get the spot out. But the smell is what's hard to get rid of. I'm Rachel Yutuzis and that is how you get mildew out of clothes.
- How to Clean Mortar or Grout From Ceramic Tile Floors
- How to Clean a Ceramic Tile Shower
- How to Clean an Oriental Rug
- How to Clean Stainless Steel Jewelry
- How Do I Get ChapStick Out of Clothing?
- How to Make Liquid Starch
- How to Clean Soap Scum
- How to Clean & Shine Hardwood Floors
- How to Machine Wash Pillows
- How to Clean Wood Furniture
- How to Identify Black Mold
- How to Clean Nicotine Stains
- How Do You Remove Creases From Leather?
- How to Get Mildew Out of Clothes