Learn how to shut off your water supply to fix a leaky bathtub faucet by watching this series of free home improvement videos from our home repair expert.
in this video clip we'll be turning off the water. Now some tubs have an access panel or you can actually reach into the wall and they'll be a shut off valve located in the wall that will just shut off the water going directly to the tub. Unfortunately since this is an older house we don't have that luxury. Since we don't have that shut off located near the tub were going to have to shut off the water to the whole house. Now typically the water shut off valve is located in the basement in your utility room and in this house it's located behind the washer and dryer typically its located in the most inconvenient spot. My shut off valve is the blue knob and be just turn that to the right or clockwise, righty tighty,lefty, lossey. Now I know it's my water shut off valve because just to the right of it I have a water meter.
- Leaky Bathtub Faucet Repair Evaluation
- Removing the Spout from a Leaky Bathtub Faucet
- Installing the Spout in Leaky Bathtub Faucet
- Installing the Stems for Leaky Bathtub Faucet
- Installing the Stem Seat for a Leaky Bathtub Faucet
- Removing the Stem Seat from a Leaky Bathtub Faucet
- Removing the Stem from a Leaky Bathtub Faucet
- Removing the Collar from a Leaky Bathtub Faucet
- Shutting Off a Leaky Bathtub Faucet