Learn how to time a fastball in baseball with expert baseball tips in this free sports instruction video clip.
Today I'm going to show you how to hit a fastball. In this segment we're going to talk about timing a fastball. Now it's very important depending on the batters perspective that we're able to time the ball to where the point of contact is out in front. There is various ways to do this. You can just simply count one second and how many seconds from the point of release of the pitcher to where it crosses the plate. Other people use one thousand so as the ball comes as a release one thousand and where ever you feel it crosses a certain point of the plate which is out in front, that is where you begin your swing and that's where the contact should occur. That is the best way in my opinion and a lot of peoples opinion on timing about hitting a fastball. Also a good strategy for a batter is watching the pitcher warm up and actually timing from the side of the point of release to the point where it crosses the plate. Once you get a better understanding of the timing of the pitcher as he or she releases the ball coming towards the plate, you will have a better sense on when to make contact.
- What Bat to Use to Hit a Fastball
- How to Time a Fastball
- Common Mistakes in Hitting Fastballs
- How to Choke Up on a Baseball Bat
- How to Shift your Weight to Hit a Baseball
- Counts when Fastballs are Thrown
- How to Hit an Outside Fastball
- How to Hit an Inside Fastball
- How to Hit a Low Fastball
- How to Hit a Fastball Down the Middle
- How to Hit a Baseball
- Batting Stances & Body Techniques