Learn that the type of bat you use can change the speed of your swing with expert baseball tips in this free sports instruction video clip.
Today I'm going to show you how to hit a fastball. In this segment we're going to describe the type of bat you should be using to hit a fastball. Now if you have quick hands and you're a strong individual, you definitely want to go with a heavier bat because heavier bats have better pop. So if you are able to get around a fastball with a heavier bat, the ball will go further when you make contact. If you have problems catching up to a fastball and the hands are not as quick as maybe others might be, you definitely want to go with a lighter bat. In this case for a fast pitch if you use a 20 oz. bat on a ball that is going about 55 miles per hour and we're talking in terms of softball, if it is softball. This is the type of batting you should use. In baseball you definitely want to use more of a 26 oz. bat for in order to catch up to a fastball. So it depends on the persons strength and the persons quickness through the zone in order to hit a fastball with the right bat.
- How to Time a Fastball
- What Bat to Use to Hit a Fastball
- Common Mistakes in Hitting Fastballs
- How to Choke Up on a Baseball Bat
- How to Shift your Weight to Hit a Baseball
- Counts when Fastballs are Thrown
- How to Hit an Outside Fastball
- How to Hit an Inside Fastball
- How to Hit a Low Fastball
- How to Hit a Fastball Down the Middle
- How to Hit a Baseball
- Batting Stances & Body Techniques