Learn how to move your grip up a baseball bat for better contact with expert baseball tips in this free sports instruction video clip.
Today I'm going to show you how to hit a fastball. In this segment we're going to describe the term choking up. Choking up is when we move our hands up in the bat handle like so, this is call choking up. The reason why this is effective is the shorter you make your bat the faster you put your hands through the zone. So if we have a problem catching up to a fastball this is the recommended strategy that you use, it's called choking up. It's much much faster holding the bat and swinging like this with a shorter bat much faster through the zone with more control that holding the bat right here making the bat longer and having less control. So definitely if your late on a fastball if you have problems catching up to a fastball you want to use this term, it's called choking up moving your hands above the bat hand.
- How to Time a Fastball
- What Bat to Use to Hit a Fastball
- Common Mistakes in Hitting Fastballs
- How to Choke Up on a Baseball Bat
- How to Shift your Weight to Hit a Baseball
- Counts when Fastballs are Thrown
- How to Hit an Outside Fastball
- How to Hit an Inside Fastball
- How to Hit a Low Fastball
- How to Hit a Fastball Down the Middle
- How to Hit a Baseball
- Batting Stances & Body Techniques