Learn how to perform a knee strike in kickboxing from a professional kickboxing instructor in this free instructional video.
Hi, my name is Julio Anta from Anta’s Fitness and Self Defense in Miami, Florida. Our website is www.antakungfu.com. We are going to show you now the knee strike. Knees are more powerful. It is one of the most powerful weapons you have. Definitely more powerful than kicks. This is a munta knee kick. Move, hshs, move, hsh, move hsh and what it is we are going to break it down. If you are in a clench coming here you grab control of a man or persons neck and you control their body and from here you are going to throw them up and lean your body back. This is great for self-defense also. So, the movement goes like this. You grab the neck or any part of the shirt body in the street that you can grab. Grab the hair if you have to, the ears and you are going to pull them into you as you throw your body back and it does not matter where you hit. You can either hit with the knee, hit with this it doesn’t matter. If you are hitting a bag, then don’t hit with your knee because you are going to hurt your knee. You can either go to the side with the knees, forward, a lot of different variations of the knees. The knees are the most powerful weapon; a lot more powerful than kicks.
- How to Throw an Uppercut Punch in Kickboxing
- The Roundhouse Kick in Beginning Kickboxing
- Kickboxing Combinations in Beginning Kickboxing
- Knee Strike Kickboxing Technique
- How to Throw a Jab Punch: Boxing Basics
- Front Kick in a Street Fight vs. a Kickboxing Match
- Front Leg Kick in Beginning Kickboxing
- How to Move Your Feet During a Kickboxing Match
- Basic Kickboxing Stance