Learn about footwork in kickboxing and how to move your feet in a fight from a professional kickboxing instructor in this free instructional video.
Hi my name is Julio Anta from Anta’s Fitness and Self Defense in Miami, Florida. You can reach us on the website at www.antakungfu.com. Now we are going to show you one more beginners kickboxing on how to move your footwork. The first thing I am going to do is, I have here my assistant Jeanette. She is going to show you if she needed to go she is in a perfect stance now, if she needed to fight someone and they are coming at her or if she is a fitness kickboxing class like Taebo and needed to go to the side she always moves with her closest foot the way she wants to go so if she wants to go to her left, she is moving her foot, her left foot first and as you can see she is moving in so if they strike at her they don’t hit a spot. Now she is going to come to her right. Watch the foot come in. She is totally protected. Now she could also be shuffling as her foot work as you can see she is light on her toes, her heels are off the ground. She is totally protected here from incoming strike from anywhere. She is on her toes. She is not on her heels and continuous movement. Jeanette move around a little bit from side to side to show a movement. It is hard to hit a moving target.
- How to Throw an Uppercut Punch in Kickboxing
- The Roundhouse Kick in Beginning Kickboxing
- Kickboxing Combinations in Beginning Kickboxing
- Knee Strike Kickboxing Technique
- How to Throw a Jab Punch: Boxing Basics
- Front Kick in a Street Fight vs. a Kickboxing Match
- Front Leg Kick in Beginning Kickboxing
- How to Move Your Feet During a Kickboxing Match
- Basic Kickboxing Stance