Learn where to place your deer stand in the woods to hunt whitetail deer in this free video.
Hi this is John. Now I’m going to talk about deer stand placement. You want to place your stand where this is three things that a deer needs, water, food and an escape path. I’ve identified a trail along this creek bank here and I’ve placed my stand here right beside the creek. This gives me a good angle of fire from a deer coming up in the hill up here or across over here. What I will be able to do is sight in and see where the deer is going to be coming. I can get a pretty good path of where they’re going to be coming from, today I’m going to be hunting with a .500 Smith and Western magnum, this weapon is capable of taking a deer out to 250 yards.
- How to Read Deer Sign: Whitetail Deer Hunting Tips & Techniques
- How to Use Mineral Corn to Attract Whitetail Deer: Hunting Tips & Techniques
- Shot Placement: Where to Shoot a Whitetail Deer: Hunting Tips & Techniques
- Where to Place a Deer Stand: Whitetail Deer Hunting Tips & Techniques
- How to Cover Your Scent Hunting Whitetail Deer
- How to Sight In Your Rifle: Deer Hunting Tips & Techniques
- How to Make an Artificial Mineral Lick to Attract Deer: Deer Hunting Tips
- How to Stalk a Deer: Deer Hunting Tips & Techniques
- How to Use Deer Call to Lure in Bucks: Deer Hunting Tips & Techniques
- Different Bullet Types Used in Deer Hunting