Learn how to cover up your human scent while hunting for deer in this free video.
Hi this is John. Now we’re going to talk about scent management and how it relates to the advanced deer hunter. A whitetail buck has one of the best defense systems designed by nature, his sense of smell. He can smell a hunter hundreds of yards away if the wind is right. What you need to do is eliminate your human scent as much as possible. One of the ways to do this is with a human scent neutralizer or scent cover that you can use. What you will do is take and spray your clothes, your hat, anything that can emit a scent from your body. This will also stack the cards in that much more of your favor the next time you’re out in the woods, just think about it, if you can eliminate one defense system the deer has you have that much more of a chance of seeing that trophy buck of a lifetime.
- How to Read Deer Sign: Whitetail Deer Hunting Tips & Techniques
- How to Use Mineral Corn to Attract Whitetail Deer: Hunting Tips & Techniques
- Shot Placement: Where to Shoot a Whitetail Deer: Hunting Tips & Techniques
- Where to Place a Deer Stand: Whitetail Deer Hunting Tips & Techniques
- How to Cover Your Scent Hunting Whitetail Deer
- How to Sight In Your Rifle: Deer Hunting Tips & Techniques
- How to Make an Artificial Mineral Lick to Attract Deer: Deer Hunting Tips
- How to Stalk a Deer: Deer Hunting Tips & Techniques
- How to Use Deer Call to Lure in Bucks: Deer Hunting Tips & Techniques
- Different Bullet Types Used in Deer Hunting