Aerial cartwheels use no hands at all and require a lot of momentum. Learn how to turn an aerial cartwheel in this free online gymnastics and tumbling video lesson.
Now I'm going to show you the most advanced cartwheel. This is called an Aerial. I recommend you do not try this at home because it doesn't use any hands at all. Your hands are tucked here and you're pushing off of your left leg and into a cartwheel. The momentum is really fast and I recommend that you do not do this at home. When I was learning it I tied a sweater around, the arms around my back and I had my hands here to learn not to put my hands down, but it was pretty dangerous so you probably shouldn't do that either.
- Transitioning to Gymnastics From Other Sports
- Flexibility & Strength in Gymnastics
- Who Can Do Gymnastics?
- What Age to Put Children in Gymnastics
- How to Do an Aerial Cartwheel
- How to Do a Dive Cartwheel
- Finishing the Perfect Cartwheel
- How to Do a Cartwheel
- Leg Stretches for Gymnastics
- Arm Stretches for Gymnastics
- Precautions for Gymnasts