Learn the mechanics of throwing a football, including tips, tricks, and techniques in this free football beginner guide on video.
we are now going to show you the proper method and mechanics for throwing a football, for beginning football. Tristan will snap the ball as the center and I will show you the proper mechanics. Hut. I am right-handed so I take the ball in my right hand. I now have the proper grip and in taking the ball I stepped back, there are three step drops and five step drops normally in most football programs. When I get back, I am now looking for my receivers who are out in the field. When I find a receiver that is open, I lineup, my body is now parallel with the side of the field. I look down field. I keep my throwing arm straight and I keep my vision straight in line with my target. I bring the ball back and keep it line with my ear. I then throw the ball following through with my right hand.
- Defensive Backfield Positions in American Football
- Sacking the Quarterback in American Football
- Defensive Line Positions in American Football
- Kicking & Punting a Football
- Holding the Ball: Throwing Fundamentals for Football Beginners
- How to Throw a Football
- Making the Hand Off in American Football
- Basic Football Blocking Skills
- Snapping the Ball in American Football
- Offensive Positions: Understanding American Football
- How to Score Points with Offense in American Football
- Overview of the Rules of American Football