Since salmon, asparagus and new potatoes are all in season for spring, why not change up your Sunday roast with this easy and healthy roasted salmon recipe. It’s a sure family pleaser that’s packed with nutrition and flavour.
• 2 large salmon fillets, boneless with skin on
• 500 g (1.1 pound) new potatoes, washed and quartered • 3 Tbsp olive oil • 10 medium asparagus spears, chopped diagonal • 1 lemon, zest and juiced • 2 garlic cloves, chopped • 3 Tbsp chopped fresh dill • 1 tsp garlic powder • Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste • 1 lemon, cut into large wedges for serving
Other People Are Reading
Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the quartered potatoes in a baking dish and cover with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt. Place in the oven for about 15 minutes and then turn over the potatoes and cook for another 15 minutes. The potatoes should be golden brown and crispy. Remove from the oven and set aside.
Grab a bowl and add the sliced asparagus, 1 tablespoon olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and fresh pepper. Mix around very well so everything is coated in olive oil. Pour the asparagus bowl into the baking dish with the potatoes. Stir to well combine everything.
Move the vegetables to one side of the dish and place the salmon filets, skin down. Season the salmon with salt, pepper, fresh lemon juice, and drizzle of olive oil, roast for about 13 minutes. The salmon should be pink but cooked through, and the asparagus should be soft.
Dill cream sauce
While the salmon is cooking, begin to make your homemade dill sour cream. Grab a container of sour cream and place in a bowl. Add salt, pepper, 2 tablespoons chopped dill, garlic powder, and lemon juice. Stir well and place in the fridge to chill.
Once the salmon is finished cooking, take out of the oven and begin to plate placing the salmon on top of the roasted vegetables, and topping with a dollop of dill sour cream. Season the plate with salt and pepper and decorate with a sprinkle of fresh chopped dill. Serve immediately.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for