Panasonic plasma TVs, like most modern televisions, have a password-restricted child lock feature for blocking channels that parents do not want their children to watch. You may need to reset the password if your children figure it out and make changes to the child lock settings. The only way you can reset the password is by creating a new password through the television's menu system.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Press the "Menu" button on the remote control to open the television's main menu.
Push the down arrow button to highlight the "Lock" option, which has a symbol of a padlock on it, and press the "OK" button in the middle of the arrow buttons. The password prompt screen appears.
Enter the current password using the remote control's keypad.
Use the arrow buttons to select "Change Password" from the menu. The "Change Password" screen will appear on the television.
Enter your new four-digit password and then enter it a second time.
Tips and warnings
- Write down your new password and put it in a safe place where your children will not find it.
- Take your television to your local Panasonic dealer if you do not remember the current password.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for