If the lid of a teapot is not placed at the right angle or is dirty when put back on the teapot, it may get stuck. While this may seem like a perplexing problem, there are techniques for loosening the lid that require only a couple household tools, and these manoeuvres can be done in a matter of minutes. Teapots can be expensive, so attempt to loosen the lid yourself before replacing your teapot.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Penetrating oil (available at hardware stores)
- Hot water
- Container (wide and deep enough to fit the teapot)
Spray a generous amount of oil around the lid of the teapot and let it sit for two minutes.
Slowly twist the lid back and forth to remove it from the teapot. Proceed to the next step if you are still unable to remove the lid.
Place the teapot in a large container and fill the container with hot water. Make sure that the container holds enough water so that the rim of the teapot's lid is submerged.
Twist the lid of the teapot while it is still submerged to loosen and remove the lid.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for