Receiving burns on any part of your body can be painful and result in noticeable marks. Burnt facial skin can be especially sensitive and even embarrassing. While minor burns usually heal without leaving marks, occasionally they heal but change the affected skin's colour. You can use a few methods to diminish and help to eliminate minor burn marks on your face.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Petroleum jelly
- Vitamin E
Run cool water immediately over the burnt area. Do not use ice because it may damage the upper layer of skin.
Smear petroleum jelly over the affected area. Do not use butter or other ointments. Keep the burnt skin protected with petroleum jelly until the burn's redness begins to fade.
Apply vitamin E to the burnt area daily for two to three weeks, until the marks are no longer noticeable.
Tips and warnings
- If burns to the face are severe or blisters are present, then seek medical attention.
- Note that a slight change in pigment may occur after sun exposure following a burn. So keep the burnt area covered well with sunscreen.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for