For eyeglass wearers who don't constantly keep their frames at their eyes, lanyards, chains or necklaces are a great way to keep eyeglasses handy without having to put them in a case, purse or pocket. Eyeglass lanyards are typically available with one of three different types of connectors: alligator clips, rubber grips or a ring. Knowing the proper way to connect your eyeglasses to your eyeglass lanyard will keep your glasses safe and ready to be worn.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Eyeglass lanyard
- Alligator clips, rubber grips or a ring
Open your eyeglasses as if you were about to put them on.
Stretch your eyeglass lanyard out on a flat surface to prevent knotting or tangling.
Pinch the wide end of one of the alligator clips with your fingers so that the other end opens. Enclose the earpiece of your glasses with the open end of the alligator clip. When the alligator clip surrounds the earpiece of your glasses, let go of the alligator clip so that it pinches firmly onto the earpiece. Repeat the same process on the other earpiece.
Insert one of the earpieces from your eyeglasses into the opening of a rubber grip. Repeat the same process on the other earpiece of your glasses.
Insert one of the earpieces of your eyeglasses into the ring on your lanyard. The ring should rest at the end of your earpiece, just next to the lenses.
Pick up your glasses by the lanyard. Open the lanyard wide, pull it over your head and let it rest on your neck. You can now allow your glasses to rest at your chest or wear them.
Tips and warnings
- If you have not yet purchased your eyeglass lanyard, bring your eyeglasses to the store with you. If you are interested in purchasing a lanyard with either rubber grips or alligator clips, be sure that your earpieces are not too large to fit inside the grips or clips.
- If your eyeglass lanyard has a ring to connect to your eyeglasses, there is nothing clasping the glasses firmly to the lanyard. If you're not wearing your glasses, close them so the earpiece will not fall through the ring.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for